Thursday, April 25, 2013

Malm dressers

I recently bought 2 Malm dressers from Ikea to fit in the nooks on both sides of the fireplace.  I knew I wanted them forever but just couldn't bare the thought of spending all that time to put them together, especially with those crazy Ikea instructions (or lack there of).  I finally bit the bullet and bought them a couple of weeks ago, and actually put them BOTH together within a day of having them delivered.  Big accomlishment for me considering I have a Malm 4 drawer chest that's been sitting in the same box it came in for the past 9 months in my bedroom.  I have to say it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  But I was dreading it after I first opened the box and saw this...


I sorted everything into like piles and gave it my best shot. 



This is what it looked like after an hour.  Not too bad, but I still needed to assemble the drawers.  They weren't hard, just time consuming.  It took 2 hours times 2! 


I measured the opening and it was 65 inches and the dressers were 63, so no problem, right.  I didn't even think about the shoe molding at the bottom of each side of the opening.  My heart sank.  After all that work.... I was determined to make it fit.  I had to slide them in exactly straight and they made it with no extra room.  None.  Well, they're both in there new homes and I am still thinking about my black stripes.  Of course they aren't styled like that anymore.  The mirror is somewhere else, and the lamps have been moved.  Really thinking about a gallery frame wall above these. 

I also purchased an Ikea Ektorp sofa and Strandmon chairs, but I'll save that for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment