Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yay for Overlays!!!

Ashley, this is for you!  It's been such a long time since I have posted anything on the blog.  I actullay tried to do this post the other day, but lost it all and was too lazy to retype it.  So, here it is. 
We recently bought a new king size bed.  The bed is awesome, but I didn't realize that it would be so much taller than our old queen size bed.  After the bed was delivered, I put our old nightstands next to the bed and they looked like minature doll furniture.  Luckily I was able to move a black dresser that we have over next to the bed and it's the perfect height to be my nightstand.  The problem is that I need something for the other side of the bed.  The spot is pretty limited.  The peice needs to be at least 34 inches tall and no more than 35 inches wide.  While that's not the easiest way to pick out furniture, I have seen a few things that will work and that I like.  Too bad they are way more than I want to pay.  So that's where overlays come into play.  I have seen them used on blog posts over the past few months and I really like them.  What I also like is that you can put them on really inexpensive Ikea furniture.  I just purchased the MALM 4 drawer dresser to be a nightstand.  It's still sitting in the box because it needs to be assembled and I haven't had the time.  Hopefully we (I) will get it done really soon.  And, I just got a new camera today, so pictures will be coming tonight and from now on.  YAY!!!  In the meantime, here are some pictures of overlays that I love.










LOVE THIS ONE!!!






Looks pretty good, huh?

If you would like to buy your own overlays, you can find them here.  http://www.myoverlays.com/Home.aspx

Here are a few more photos from there site...





Let me know if you plan to do a project using overlays.

No comments:

Post a Comment