Friday, October 14, 2011

Long awaited pictures of the playroom and bedroom

I FINALLY broke down and bought a new camera and am so excited to share pictures of some of the projects I have been working on in the house.  First up....the playroom.  Keep in mind that this room has been our dining room for the past 4 years, but with 2 boys and lots of toys, we need more play space.  Good bye dining room, hello playroom!
So, that's the new playroom.  Pardon the toys in the background.  The next pictures are of the chevron pattern I painted above the mantel in the living room.



In a post from the other day, I commented on the new bed and how small the old nightstands look.  See for yourself.  We had a blue one and a yellow one.  The yellow table is just sitting in the room collecting dust until I figure out what to do with it.  And the blue one is still a place filler for the new Ikea dresser (yet to be assembled).

And here is the bedroom with the new king size bed and really fun yellow stripe duvet from West Elm. New pillows from Etsy and chevron rug from Overstock.








The room is not finished nor will any room in my house ever be finished.  I would like 3 sunburst mirrors over the bed from Ballard, but I don't want to spend the money right now. I have a few projects in the works using black frames from Ikea and paint swatches from the paint store and maybe making a gallery frame wall using different size black frames.  Who knows, it's always changing around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment